NHS Sight Tests
You qualify for a free NHS funded sight test if you are:
- Aged under 16, or aged under 19 and in full-time education.
- Aged 60 or over.
- Registered blind or partially sighted.
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma.
- aged 40 or over and you are the parent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a person diagnosed with glaucoma, or you have been advised by an ophthalmologist that you are at risk of glaucoma.
- eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher.
- A prisoner on leave from prison.
You are also entitled to a free NHS sight test if:
- You receive Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (not contribution based)
- You receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit.
- You receive Income-based Employment and Support Allowance.
- You are awarded Universal Credit.
- You are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate.
- You are named on a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2).
People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) may also get help. Visit NHS Choice website for more information.
For more information on our services please contact us and a member of staff will be in touch.
Arrange An Appointment
Request an appointment at Andersons Opticians
Fill in your details below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.